Wednesday, September 29, 2004

ALIEN PARTY

Around 30 kids showed up last night for my "Alien Party" at the Galt Library -- including Emily and Brittany from the reading club I had at my house. They're in 8th grade now and very pretty, mature girls. And they were REALLY helpful when I needed assistants for the activities at the library. While I showed little kids how to bend pipe cleaners into alien antennas, they helped older kids fill out a fun "Create Your Own Planet" worksheet.

This event went really well! I raffled off three free books and the young boy who won a copy of OH, NO! UFO was so excited he jumped up and hugged the book. Wish I'd had a picture of that!

Another cool thing -- a newspaper reporter showed up at the library. She took pictures and plans on doing an article in the Galt Herald.

Well I better go write on SEA SWITCH. Over 100 pages now.

No comments: