Thursday, September 09, 2004

BOOK BABY IS BORN!

For the last few days I've been waiting for my copies of THE SEER #1. DON'T DIE, DRAGONFLY. I knew it was coming by UPS. But days passed without a delivery.

Yesterday I had to leave for my mom's house in Sacramento, but told my son to call if the books arrived. He called at 5PM. I was going to see a sister-in-law at 6:30 at a bunko game in Sacramento, so my son drove to her house FAST to give her my books, which she delivered to me.And while everyone else at bunko oohed and ahhed over Mandy's newborn baby (Elsie is very cute), I admired my new book.

I knew what the cover of DON'T DIE, DRAGONFLY looked like, but I hadn't seen the spine or back. It's shiny and pretty and I love it.

I have a reading ritual with my books. Usually it's so long since I last read them, I can read them anew when they come out. So after bunko (I came in 4th place), I stayed up till almost midnight reading my book; pretending I'm a fresh reader, trying to imagine how others will see it, and what sort of things readers/reviewers will like or dislike (I found a few typos the copywriters missed). The pacing is really fast with lots of conflicts and paranormal elements. I'm proud of my new baby and hope readers treat her well. She can be seen on my website with her future sister (#2. LAST DANCE) at www.LindaJoySingleton.com under books link.

1 comment:

Donna J. Shepherd said...

Congratulations on your new baby!

Donna