Tuesday, December 20, 2011

POPULAR MUCH??

Doesn't it feel great when you're talking about music-tv-movies-books to someone and find out you have the same taste? "I love it too" -- four words that connect us with each other. Having something in common is a unversal Superglue that unites people.

Not having anything in common can be interesting, too, and sometimes you can convince a friend to try something new. Or by liking something unique, you feel unique, too.

So I thought I'd share my list of things I like that are POPULAR or SHOULD BE.

THINGS I LIKE THAT ARE TRENDING IN POPULARITY:

BOOKS MADE INTO MOVIES:
Girl with Dragon Tattoo (Swedish translated to English) plus upcoming movie
The Help
HUGO
TWILIGHT

TV SHOWS
Terra Nova (not sure if this is popular or not!)
Glee
Two Broke Girls
Survivor, Amazing Race, Project Runway,Big Brother

MEGA-STAR BOOKS
Harry Popular...I mean...Potter
Twilight -- yeah, I liked them which is less popular now than last year
Hunger Games-soon to be as popular as Twilight once the movie comes out

BOOKS THAT ARE GAINING POPULARITY AND IF THEY AREN'T THEY SHOULD BE:
Ruby Red
Emerald Atlas
Liesl and Po
Drizzle
The Future of Us
Terrier trilogy by Tamora Pierce

And a picture book called PIRATE NAP by Danna Smith which is so fun to read that kids will beg "Again!"

Under the topic of "chocolate"...I love chocolate which is always popular especially at holidays.

Cats. Writers and cats, we just understand each other.

Music -- I have an odd mx of popular (Katy & GaGa) & Coldplay) and vintage (Beach Boys, Abba) on my Pandora app.

And I love musicals -- already have tickets for my family to go to see WICKED in June -- with a great song called "Popular."

No comments: